This in an updates review as I have had this for some time now and used it quite a bit.
I love it. It was on offer for £7.99 when I bought it but even at full price what's not to like? It is surprising how often a vest adding a bit of warmth (and pockets) can be useful to wear. My latest use is over a work shirt and jumper and under a jacket with no external chest pockets to keep my train ticket safe and give some extra warmth. When I get to work the heating hasn't always kicked in so I take my jacket off and keep the vest on until it warms up.
The hand and chest pockets are an excellent addiction, without them I probably wouldn't have bought it.
1. adds a surprising amount of warmth but no real bulk
2. very useful pockets with handy string pulls
3. nicely fitted without being too snug
4. so versatile
1. my wife says I look like a ticket collector - difficult to deny because on the line I commute on they do wear vests but they are grey and this is black... hmmm
2. sometimes, just sometimes I get some irritation from the back of the neck from the collar part but nothing terminal really.
3. The other day I nearly lost the string off the main zip. Doesn't seem to be on tight enough but sure that can be remedied.
4. there's no hem cinching so it can ride up under a jacket to leave a cold spot. Maybe one for a future update Decathlon? If so, don't make it bulky or stick into wearers send me one to review please :)
5. you can sweat a bit in it. It is goo quality but not the best fleece material (compared with some of Decathlon's others). But c'mom! under £10 super versatile, pockets, possible evasion of train fines, excellent fit.
Overall I am very, very happy with this purchase. I would recommend it to anyone and buy it again in a blink if I lost mine. In fact, it's gotten colder in here since I started writing this so I might just go and get it on now!
Usual Decathlon quality and value , it’s a winner.
Love these gilets, have two of them now, lovely fit.
Excellent quality great fit and price
Light weight. Easy to store in a backpack.
Great fleece gilet, warm without being bulky
My husband has bought several of these gilets over the years and they have proved very hard wearing
Quality product purchased another 3 for colleagues at work who saw me wearing it and were suitability impressed perfect in winter time adding another layer and protection from the cold