This is the privacy and cookies policy for (PLEASE INSERT WEBSITE CREDENTIALS) (Website). The website is operated by Oxatis, a limited liability company Commercial register N0. 39837, registered at the Egyptian companies administration,trading as Decathlon.
We also share the information collected from you with our parent company, Decathlon SA, registered in France, Lille, RCS 306 138 900. Decathlon SA and its subsidiaries own a number of brands, and information will be shared via Decathlon SA with these brands a full list of which can be seen here http://corporate.decathlon.com/en/our-brands/passion-brands. We are committed to protecting your privacy on-line. We appreciate that you do not want the personal information you provide to us distributed indiscriminately and here we explain how we collect information, what we do with it and what controls you have.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following information about you such as:
- information (such as your name, email address, delivery address, shipping address, date of birth and telephone number) that you provide by completing forms on the Website, including when you register as a user of the Website, subscribe to any service, upload or submit any material (for example, photos, and videos) via the Website, request any information, or enter into any competition or promotion we may sponsor;
- your reviews and pictures of our products and reviews of our stores which you submit to the Website;
- in connection with an account sign-in facility, your log-in and password details;
- details of any transactions made by you through the Website or in store;
- communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the Website or its content;
- information from surveys that we may, from time to time, run on the Website for research purposes, if you choose to respond to, or participate in, them;
- Employment details if you send us a CV, resume or other details of your employment history in connection with an advertised job vacancy or a general enquiry regarding employment opportunities with us.
You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
We may, from time to time, run referral programs or similar initiatives, such as a "Tell a Friend" program, that invite you to provide us with the contact details of someone who is known to you who may find our products or services to be of interest. We will only use those contact details for the purpose of the relevant initiative (and not for general marketing purposes). By providing us with their details, you confirm that you have their permission to do so and must not provide us with the details of anyone from whom you do not have such permission. We reserve the right to identify you as the person who has made the referral in the message that is sent to them.
When you visit the Website, we may automatically collect additional information about you, such as the type of internet browser you use, any website from which you have come to the Website and your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer on the internet) which is automatically recognized by our web server. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on the Sites and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use.
The acceptance of cookies is not a requirement for visiting the Site however, if you don’t accept the use of the website’s cookies, we may not be able to provide you with some of the services
USES MADE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Protection of personal data
Certain personal data that can be used to identify Internet Users is gathered when they wish to leave a Review on the “Decathlon Review Service”. Users are entitled to access, rectify and object to the use of their personal details by writing to the following address and sending proof of their identity: Oxatis 1Al-Wozaraa square 1169- Sheraton- Cairo-Egypt or by sending an e-mail to (email@example.com)
We will use the information you provide to:
- we may pass your name and address on to a third party in order to make delivery of the product to you (for example to our courier or supplier).
- enable us to process your orders and to provide you with the services and information offered through the Website and which you request;
- administer your account with us and manage your loyalty program;
- verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments you make online;
- audit the downloading of data from the Website;
- improve the layout and/or content of the pages of the Website and customize them for users;
- identify visitors to the Website;
- carry out research on our users' demographics and tracking of sales data;
- send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including information about our products and services, and the other Decathlon brands (for a list of our brands please visit http://corporate.decathlon.com/en/our-brands/passion-brands/provided you have indicated that you do not object to being contacted for these purposes. Any such communications you receive will be sent by us. In determining what we think may be of interest to you, we will consider all such information which you provide to us. This will include content submitted to the Website such as reviews. This helps us ensure that the content we send you is modified for your interests so that you receive relevant communications. Information collected from you will also influence which adverts you see when you browsing. For information on this, please see our Cookies Policy;
You can tell us not to contact you with information regarding our products and services, either at the point such information is collected on the Website (by checking or un-checking (as directed) the relevant box) or, where you do not wish us to continue to use your information in this way, by following the unsubscribe instructions on any communications sent to you. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us using the Contacting us details on the Website.
As stated above, we will disclose your information to our parent company, Decathlon SA and is also accessed by Decathlon France SA's brands, a list of which is here http://corporate.decathlon.com/en/our-brands/passion-brands/.
We may disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to the Website, customers and sales in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, sponsors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
We may disclose your personal information to our agents or contractors who assist us in providing the services we offer through the Website, processing transactions, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analyzing data, providing support services or in other tasks, from time to time. Our agents and contractors will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their functions.
In the event that we undergo re-organization or are sold to a third party, you agree that any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organized entity or third party.
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber crime or to protect the Website or the rights, property or personal safety of any person.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
We place great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control and only authorized personnel have access to personal information. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via the Website whilst it is in transit over the internet and any such submission is at your own risk.
It is advisable to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
STORAGE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Information that you submit via the Website will only be stored for as long as we legitimately need it or as required by the law. This information is sent to and stored on secure servers which is necessary in order to process the information. Your data may be transferred outside of Egypt, in particular due to the partial subcontracting of the processing. In this case, Decathlon ensures that this transfer respects the legal framework: transfer to a country providing a sufficient level of protection, signature of contractual clauses issued by the International Conventions applicable in Egypt. Where we transfer your information we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
You have the right to access, rectify and oppose the processing of your data by submitting a complaint to the Decathlon Group or send an email via our Contact page.
Decathlon guarantees that your data can not be used for commercial solicitations without your prior consent. In the event of a commercial solicitation, Decathlon guarantees you the right to oppose it retrospectively.
Similarly, you have the right to request access to the personal data that we may hold or process on you. You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data for free. At any time, you also have the right to ask us to stop using your personal data for direct marketing purposes.